Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Bumps and Bruises

NOTES
Since the long runs have started climbing over the half marathon length my body has been feeling it.  I have definitely had to do some adjusting to my schedule and ensure plenty of recovery time.  I did begin getting some pain in my hip and big toe on my right side.  I think the toe is a result of the hip pain.  I think the hip pain is due to my IT band.  I did some major foam rolling and stretching and feel better now but only time will tell if it will be 100% by Saturday for my next long run.  

Saturday August 18th Long Run
15 miles in 2hrs and 43 minutes.  

I started a little to fast and did not have enough water with me.  I crashed by the end but learning from the bumps and bruises and I know I can do better

Tuesday August 21st workout
6x800m @ 7 min/mile pace  times 3:32, 3:32, 3:32, 3:27, 3:32, 3:29

Trap Bar Deadlift 3x10,8,6
Pullups 3x5

Stretching

Fundraising for St. Jude
If you have not been to my fundraising site please check it out. 

No comments: