Tuesday, August 28, 2012

2 months from my marathon

I tell you I am as excited as I can be right now.  My fundraising is going well thanks to some very generous people in my life and I am slowly starting to figure out this marathon training and what works for my body. I can't wait to get out there and give it my best.  I hope I am not getting addicted to running.   Check out my progress on my St. Jude page  www.mystjudeheroes.org/helpchris

Last week on Thursday I ran 7.2 miles in 60 minutes on the treadmill.  I was pressed for time but I did very well and averaged a 8:27 minute mile.  The treadmill was much less impact and a much needed break for my body and it was also very hot outside.

Saturday I had 17miles on my schedule.  I had to postpone it until Sunday however I completed the run in full.  I am attaching an image of the summary of my run (see below).  I started strong but dehydrated and ran out of energy by the end.  I have to be more creative with my hydration and fueling strategies.  I just ordered the camelbak marathoner hydration pack which holds 70oz of water.  That is about 46oz more than I am able to carry now so I think this will help a lot.  I also just purchased the new Brooks Glycerin 10 which are much more cushioned than my old shoes.  They feel awesome.  I think I am finally set for this race.  Now I just have to finish strong with my training and work on my travel arrangements.






No comments: